Thursday, July 30, 2020

2020 #75-UP CLOSE & PERSONAL w/ AUTHOR APRIL HARPER



My name is April Harper, born in Akron Ohio. I knew at an early age that no matter what it was that I
decided to do in life, I had to “feel” it. I spent a lot of my life like any other person. Trying to figure out
my place in this world. I have always been an advocate for compassion, understanding, and love. I
married a man who is brave enough to ride this rollercoaster with me with his eyes open. Together
settled in Austin, Texas and created an amazing blended family starring nine of the most eclectic
characters I have ever had the pleasure to be around. Following in my family’s tradition, I spent eight
years in the military, serving my country in the medical field, but it was not quite my calling. I entered
the Apartment Management field, specializing in an area I found was important to me, Affordable
Housing. It was there that I was given the opportunity to “feel” my community and its true joys and
struggles. After ten years of assisting families with gaining substantial housing, I turned my attention on
some of the other struggles I see in my community and hope to shed light on those issues through my
writing. When I am not writing or hanging out with my children or husband, I can be found volunteering
my services as a Public Notary for veterans and low -income households, watching movies and trying not
to cheat on my diet.






1 comment:

  1. welcome abroad our blog please share with the follows any new projects you are working on......or an excerpt from your book to give followers a test of what to expect from you and your brand!!!! thanks for allowing Aspiring Authors magazine to assist you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

AAALAC ๐ŸŒŸ Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! ๐ŸŒŸ Lateshia Shanette Lane

   ๐Ÿ‘‘ Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...