Saturday, July 4, 2020

2020 #10-UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL W/AUTHOR JILL SHAWNTAYE KAPRI


I am Author Jill Shawntaye Kapri formerly known as (Author Shawntaye). I am a twenty-six year old self published author, I have self published three books so far with my current book titled H.es In Da Hood being my most successful project as of now. I released my book back in February of this year. It did well, but had several mistakes and errors that I had to fix. Because I was doing everything on my own I unpublished the book and worked on perfecting it for several months, now the book is finished, republished and I am promoting it with full force. I have part 2 of the book releasing at the end of July, I am aiming for the 31st to have the book drop. More about me, I have been writing since I was about 8-9 years old. My first time writing I wrote my dad a poem after he was killed and from that point on I started expressing myself through writing. It wasn’t until my teen years that I fell in love with writing books, or at least trying to after reading so many good ones. I knew at that moment that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to be a writer, I wanted to be a successful known writer. At first it was just a hobby that I played around with, it wasn’t until I realized my love and passion growing for it that I started to take my writing very seriously. For years, I tried writing in notebooks, and journals but got bored really fast, and I knew that was not it, So I took a different approach and started freestyling is what I like to call it where I just sit on my laptop and just start writing no planning, no strategizing I just write as my mind goes into a different place. I also started writing on social media at the end of 2016, during a short story challenge which I had accumulated over 100 shares and reviews on that short story which motivated me to give my writing my all but I still failed to do so. At the time I Just wasn’t ready, The next three years I went through alot, I was in an abusive relationship, I suffered with stress anxiety and depression I was overweight and very unhappy with myself that relationship did a lot of damage to me, my mental and my health I had to overcome it because I was dealing with myself as my own worst enemy. I had fallen short, giving up hope on writing and becoming a successful author. I knew I wanted to be known for more than just being a single mother of three kids and working as a Correctional officer. I had to find my way again, to life, to writing and to being happy. In 2019, five months after leaving that relationship I published my first book titled “A Diamond From The Rough.” which was about my life, trials, tribulations and all of the abuse I had gone through until I found the strength to leave for good and find my way back to giving Christ my life again. I started believing his purpose for my life was for me to grow spiritually, mentally, and physically so that I would be able to share my story and build a platform to help many other women like myself whether they are old or young. I knew my purpose in life was to be that light and voice for several women around the world while doing what I loved to do which was writing. Though my first two books didn’t sell well nor make it around the world as I would have liked. I knew going through the experience was all apart of God’s plan his way of maturing me, helping me grow, preparing for the change and prosperity he was about to reign upon my life and overall it was his way of helping me find myself again as well as find my love and passion for writing and to actually be consistent with it and just do it. I haven’t slowed down since. Now I am working hard as ever to remain consistent and put my all into building my own platform as an author. I would love to turn my books into films


No comments:

Post a Comment

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   ðŸ‘‘ Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...