Thursday, July 23, 2020

2020 #57-UP CLOSE & PERSONAL W/ AUTHOR Minister SHERRY KIRKLAND



10 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS BY AUTHOR SHERRY KIRKLAND

1. Tell me about yourself! How old are you, and where are you from?
Hello my name is Sherry Kirkland, I am from Buffalo, NY but I currently reside in Anderson SC. I am a
mother, a wife and a nurse. And more recently after my life changed, I became an author and a blogger.
2. Give us a summary of your book!
My first book is called My Extraordinary Walk, it is my personal testimony. In this book, I detail my
experiences and encounters with God. I like to call them my God stories. When I started having these
experiences, I had no idea it was even possible to experience God personally. No one around me was
talking about these things. So, I felt hesitant to share what was happening to me, and I didn’t like
feeling like that. I believe that we all have God stories but no one is talking about them. My goal is to
encourage other people to share their God stories publicly. People need to know how real God is.
3. What inspired you to write this book?
I wrote this book because I received a word from God. I clearly heard a voice telling me to, ‘write a
book’. I had never written anything or had any interest in writing but after praying and receiving a
major confirmation, I knew what I had to do. If God leads you to purchase a copy of my book you will
see how God gave me each chapter and how He inspired each chapter.
4. If you could pick one song to describe this book, what would it be?
My book in one song would be, William Murphy’s I’m Changing…I will never be the same, not after being
with you. Almost make me cry just thinking about it.
5. Have you written any fiction novels as well? If not, would you and what genre?
I am strictly a Christian author. I encourage, motivate and inspire through written word. I feel like this is
my purpose and how I minister to others.
6. What are two of your favorite books? Least favorite?
My favorite book, if you haven’t guessed it already, is the Bible. I can’t even tell you how many times
I’ve read it. Every time I go through it I am refreshed and given new insight. But I do read other books,
right now I am also reading, Armed and Dangerous by John Ramirez, it’s a powerful book about
defeating the enemy.
7. Do you have any other hobbies, or businesses that you would like to share?
I also blog. Every week I put out a short motivational blog. Usually about something that encouraged
me or an experience that I have had with the Lord. My blogs can be found at www.sherrykirkland.com,
and if you subscribe to my website my blogs will be automatically be sent to you each week.
8. Do you have any upcoming book specials/giveaways or events?
I don’t have any specials at this time but I would like everyone to be on the lookout because I am going
to release two new books before the end of this year.
9. How can readers keep up with you? Post your social media usernames!

Follow me on facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/sherryjk

Don’t forget to check out my website:
https://www.sherrykirkland.com/

check out my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/mrs4cnatural/

and you can also visit me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA9dKaktJX4FFBsK0MoJ2cQ?view_as=subscriber

10. Anything else you would like to share? *100 words max.
Don’t forget to check out my second book, Bible Stories with Nanny May. Nanny May is a trip but she
knows her Bible. If you give her a chance maybe she can teach you a thing or two.
All my books are available on my website, on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com.

1 comment:

  1. Angela Thomas Smith you are amazing. Thank you for this article. The support that you give to your fellow authors and aspiring authors is inspiring. May it come back to you as a multitude of blessings. I appreciate you. Thank you again
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   πŸ‘‘ Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...