Wednesday, September 9, 2020

2020 #135-UP CLOSE & PERSONAL W/ AUTHOR KJ Dunn


My name is KJ Dunn. I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, poet, writer, and mentor. I started writing when I was in elementary and that passion turned into a dream. I was surrounded by English teachers who seemed dedicated to helping me reach my full potential as a writer and a poet. I will forever appreciate the nuggets poured into me from Mrs. Walker, Mrs. McCallister and Robert "OG Bobby" Cox. I have written several short stories, poems and plays and "My Mother's Daughter" is the story that I chose to release. "My Mother's Daughter" is a story that takes you through the disconnect in the mother daughter relationship. It presents as a letter to a mother from her broken daughter and takes you through the twist and turns on their journey to forgiveness. The book was birthed through my own relationship with my mom and the struggles that we had as well as the relationship between her and her mother and the relationships I saw around me.  Through the process of bringing this book to life, it became quite obvious that the mother daughter relationship is not something that the public chooses to address but it is indeed an issue that needs resolve.  My hope is to bring awareness to the mother daughter relationship to where other families are able to seek and receive healing and forgiveness. I also want to admonish readers who have great relationship with their mom to open up about how and what they do to maintain that relationship to act as a guide, if you will, to aid in making this relationship stronger. I have been on Da Mission fishbowl radio show with Fonksta Holland and I worked with another writer named Danielle Smith in a docuseries called Hear me, Heal Me where I spoke about my book and how to heal the inner child.  In addition, I also participated in the 100 authors in 100 days series featured on Pretty Women Hustle Network. I have a mentorship program called Fearlessly Me, that I currently have on hold until I complete the 501c3 process. The purpose of the mentorship program is to help create a village for families to aid in the success of the future leaders of the world. You can follow my works on instagram Fearlesslyme4eva and author KJ Dunn on both instagram and Facebook. My book can be purchased on Amazon,





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   ðŸ‘‘ Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...