Wednesday, September 2, 2020

2020 #121-UP CLOSE & PERSONAL W/ AUTHOR Bethany Camille James


 

My name is Bethany Camille James and I grew up in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado in a family of six including me. However, I was born in Clearwater, Florida. Life was bittersweet.  The geography inspired me, yet I felt as I was growing up different, and I seem to stand out like the vast Rocky Mountains.  

 

As I got older I would find my connection to the world through reciting poetry, and extracurricular activities in school and the community. It was demanding being active in my church choir, school debate team, and working just to name a few things.  To be involve demanded me to interact with a lot of people, but I never fit in.  I learned through my experiences that you have to love yourself. Not loving yourself allows one’s unique creativity to be stifled.  

 

My siblings and I usually spent hours having deep conversations and that helped me have a place of belonging. During my adolescent years, I watched my family overcome many circumstances. However, we had a lot of love and this allowed me to grow into a caring individual.

 

I was brought up in a way that stressed the importance of faith, values, and love for others.  I applied these values to my endeavors by writing from my heart, striving to do things in a way that is honorable, being creative about the ideas I put out to the world, and striving to overcome negativity or obstacle that try to block me.  My upbringing has completely supported my development and I am thankful for it.

 

Links:

https://www.goodreads.com/mymastersministry

https://books2read.com/b/bx8lXP

amazon.com/author/poetessbethanycamillejames

2 comments:

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   👑 Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...