Thursday, August 20, 2020

2020 #88-UP CLOSE & PERSONAL W / AUTHOR Natasha S. Williams

 


                Natasha S. Williams born and raised in the 205, Birmingham, Al. I’m an author, a poet, publisher, blogger and all around creative. I’ve been writing since I was around 8 or 9 years old; journals and poetry. Then, it was just a hobby and a release and now it has become my passion, purpose and brand. It literally brought me through a very dark era of my life when I endured a lot of life and growth which I reflect upon in my first written book Push Forward: Savage by Experiences. I’m outspoken yet observant and thoughtful about what to say which is a major reason I began writing. 

                     I’m 25 years old now and one of the biggest hurdles in my growth process was having a lot to say and not knowing when or how to say it therefore not saying anything. I found out when I was 20 that I dealt with a couple mental illnesses and one of the most therapeutic things for me was writing. I don’t feel like the average writer but I’ve never felt average to begin with and I’ve learned to embrace and empower myself with that. Being female, African American, young and rich in spirit has presented its challenges but also extracted its greatness!

                        A few of the people I look up to are God, grandmas, Nipsey Hussle, Maya Angelou and my pastor PMJ. Reason being, they all have given me gems in my life that built values in my spirit in which I’ve built my aspirations on. My second book written and first released was Spoken Word by A Spoken Soul: Her available for E-read on Amazon. This book expressed a lot of those values, thoughts and depictions from what I’ve learned over the years in the form of a collection of poetry. My poetic name is HerSoulSpeaks which I am addressed by when I approach an audience for spoken word.

                    Honestly that name chose me a few years ago when I started performing spoken word shows.  It fit soulfully because I feel as though my poetic flow is my soul’s raw and heartfelt honesty. In the next few years, I hope to incorporate that into another passion of mines being music like Omari Hardwick with Tank, Tupac or Jill Scott. Meanwhile, I am working on my new book set to release this Fall entitled Love at The First Sight of You: Westside’s Finest. This will be my first Urban Fiction and I’m super excited to extend my expertise. You can follow my release dates, blogs and content on my site  https://hersoulspeaks.wixsite.com/vibe  and please stay connected!


No comments:

Post a Comment

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   👑 Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...