Wednesday, August 19, 2020

2020 #87-UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL W/ AUTHOR MICHAEL A. DAVIS




Road to Reentry

1. Road to Reentry is about the injustice and barriers many faces after incarceration.
That can be anything from finding housing or employment opportunities.
2. Which I also speak about those suffering with mental illness of being at greater risk of
being homeless.
3. Also, how individuals are release with out the skills to succeed after incarceration.
4. Not only does my book exposes the injustice and barriers of reentry, it also serves as a
guide how to be prepared yourself after release.
Pursuing Redemption
1. Pursuing Redemption is my second book.
2. Which in this book I focus on helping those returning home, how to stay focus and find
their redemption?
3. While learning what their purpose is in life.
4. It’s a 7 Chapter Book.
5. I speak about succeeding after incarceration, discovering your purpose, seeking to
change, etc.

About me

1. I have an Associate degree in Paralegal and I’m a former Paralegal with the Texas Civil
Rights Project: (focus on voting rights, racial &economic justice as well as criminal
justice reform)
2. In 2016 I completed the JLUSA Emerging Leadership training:
3. In the future I hope to finish my bachelor’s degree in General Studies with a
concentration in Sociology.
4. I’m also a reentry advocate I help to advocate for ban the box in the city of Austin
5. My future goal is to start my own organization Shades of Reentry.
6. Which will focus on 4 elements of reentry.
7. Employment & Housing Assistance, Life Skill training, Addiction Recovery Services,
Peer Support Services.
8. Which I also write article that I post on linked in at least once a month are when I have
time do post more often.
9. My main mission is to help change the criminal justice policies and unfair practices.
While helping to reduce the stigma of formerly incarcerated individuals.
10. Which I’m also a member of the reentry advocacy project: RAP advocates for social
chance and provides support and fellowship for persons directly impacted by the
criminal justice system.
I'm a formerly incarcerated individual and an advocate for the formerly
incarcerated and the incarcerated—former Paralegal with the Texas Civil Rights
Project. In 2013 I received my Associate Degree in Paralegal, and in 2016 I completed
JLUSA Emerging Leadership training, an organization known for its close Rike's
campaign. I have been a part of many organizations, to name a few—The National
Federation of Paralegal Association, Center for Economic and Social Justice, and
America Bar Association. In the future, I hope to return to school to finish my
bachelors degree in General Studies with a concentration in Sociology. Just like many
others, we need a more just system that is based on fairness, equality, and equity, for
people can change when given the right tools to improve.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   πŸ‘‘ Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...