Sunday, October 31, 2021

2021-#34 UP CLOSE & PERSONAL W/ Darshell McAlpin on BEHALF OF ASPIRING AUTHORS MAGAZINE

 Darshell McAlpin


Publisher, Producer, Author, Coach I didn't know I wanted to do this always until I did this. Until the streams of combustible conflagration held up in my consciousness burned through my fear, coursing through the pen pressed tightly between my fingertips. Until the universe whispered her secrets in my ears soliciting me to gossip. Until I found the courage to disrobe letter by letter. Until I believed the comeliness of my elocution. Until the words made me real. Darshell McAlpine has been a writer for over thirty years. Her love of reading good books grew into a love of writing them and in November 2018 she published her first book, Leaving with My Marbles: Finding the Courage to Walk Away Intact. Earlier that year she launched Boss Lady Press, an independent book publishing company, as a resource for indie authors. Her sole purpose has been to write and publish great literary works and have people read them. Darshell has been fortunate to coach numerous writers along their writing journey. In 2019, she partnered with Dr. Carolyn Stephens to publish several anthologies highlighting the lives of black women and men in the U.S. I Am A Black Woman: The Compendium and I Am A Black Man: Ascension of the Kings birthed a cultural movement. The I Am A Black Man: Ascension of the Kings documentary also marked her debut as an executive producer and the launch of Boss Lady Media. Darshell holds a B.A. in Psychology and is pursuing her Master of Arts in Writing at Johns Hopkins University. You can find her curled up with a good book, wearing a ratty t-shirt and fluffy socks, either drinking something hot and dark or dry and red, somewhere in Texas where she lives with her husband. www.bossladypress.com info@bossladypress.com


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   πŸ‘‘ Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...