Tuesday, November 15, 2022

(36) OF 122 FEATURED BLACK AUTHOR FROM AROUND THE WORLD MEET AUTHOR Sherri LaVon wILLIAMS




My name is Sherri LaVon and I am a woman who has buried 2 of my children. My son died in 1989 of an enlarged heart & liver that wasn't discovered in time. His name is Wesley.  My daughter was found dead at a home daycare center and had been dead forever for 3 hours when I arrived. Her name is Les'Leye. I started The Sols Write House to give myself and others an outlet to express our thoughts after the tragedy, depression, and mental health breakdowns. Now we have over 100 authors who have come through our organization and received various resources such as free computers, printers, publishing tools, mental health resources, and life coaching support. We started Books Behind Bars to get various books to women, men, and youth that are locked up in prison, in transitional housing, and in hospitals. 

Now I am sharing my story of redemption, restoration, forgiveness, and trauma through the performing arts and radio broadcasting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

AAALAC 🌟 Celebrating an Inspirational Queen for International Women's History Month! 🌟 Lateshia Shanette Lane

   👑 Celebrate the amazing Queen, Lateshia Shanette Lane, for International History Month! From a young girl in Valdosta, GA to a successfu...